Hello! Thanks for visiting my online home.
I structure my life around a simple goal: be happy and healthy in the year 2100. (Yes, really.)
Along the way I aspire to:
- Be the best father and husband I can
- Earn financial independence
- Run an unreasonable number of miles
- Maintain a decent work/life balance
I’m building a collection of articles and notes about anything that gets me closer to my goal. Happiness, ethical living, financial independence, career satisfaction, entrepreneurship, health, relationships, goal setting, sleep, nutrition… these topics are all fair game.
I’ll also write about projects I’m working on, tools I’ve built, and technology I’m interested in.
60 second biography
- I’m building my own software business, aiming for financial independence.
- I’m creating a course on SQL and relational databases for everyday developers.
- I spent 7 years working at Google as a Partner Engineer for YouTube.
- I’ve run at least 2km every day for almost 5 years.
- I’ve run over 100 half marathons, 6 marathons, and several ultramarathons.
- I tweet about bootstrapping my business, parenting, and living to 2100.
- I build awesome apps for tabletop RPGs that have thousands of active users.
- I’ve taken photographs that were featured by the BBC and the Smithsonian.
- I’m always learning something new — usually related to coding.
- I live with my wife and two kids, and I spent most of 2019 on parental leave.
- I’m based just outside London in a wonderful town called Reading.
- Interested to learn more? Read all about me…